Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

The Hunger Bomb

I'm on the train, it's six o'clock
With a hunger bomb, tick tock, tick tock
Which at any moment, will explode
My weight loss goals start to implode

The little voice inside my mind
It's sneaky words, they seem to find
Every reason that I shouldn't wait
To get home to my dinner plate 

Why not have a small baguette
Who needs a diet, just forget
No one knows, it's not a sin
Just buy that chocolate, stuff it in

How dangerous can a latte be
With that biscuit pack that comes for free
Or maybe just a little wine
Along with nuts, go on it's fine

Crisps are light, the perfect snack
No matter it's a sharing pack
That blueberry muffin's looking cute
It pretty much just counts as fruit

Determined, I shut out the voice
Stay in charge, I have a choice
I sip some water, shun a snack
And pat myself upon the back

Except keep this just between me and you
I ate some chips, and enjoyed them too 

No comments:

Post a Comment