Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Skinny Genes



How dare you look at me like that 
I've had a child, that's why I'm fat 
And you there with your skinny genes 
Can't  understand just what that means 
My body changed to keep him safe 
For nine months in a cushioned place 
And yes, I was already plump 
Then ate too much to feed my bump 
But now I have a lovely child 
That I laboured to bring to this world 
And my body struggles to recover 
It's a full on job to be a mother 
No energy to exercise 
Or resist easy food with tired eyes 
And even when I hit the gym 
I don't seem to be getting thin 
My tummy changed, it's gone all baggy 
My arms they flap, my boobs are saggy 
I'll admit I've sometimes wept 
But it's  different now, I must accept 
And this price that my poor body paid  
Is worth every inch for what it's made 
I'd happily do it all again 
Despite body toll and labour pain 
So how dare you think to point and sneer 
When you don't know what's gone on in here 

No comments:

Post a Comment