Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

On the tips of our tongues - Forward Poetry Competition Winner


On the tip of your tongue
Words you dare not to speak 
Maybe met with surprise?
Would it make you seem weak?
Instead breathless, and speechless
An adoring gaze lingers
I know what you’re saying
Through your eyes, through your fingers

On the tip of my tongue 
Those three little words
Nervous, unspoken
They don't need to be heard
You sense my longing
The depth of my feelings
Emotion flows from me
My hearts cries, appealing

On the tips of our tongues 
It's spelt on our breath 
In our touch, in our kiss
No other words left
Both yearning to say it
But too shy or too proud
Scared the bubble might burst
If we say it out loud 

And as we draw even closer
As our bodies meld to one
Restraints are removed
Inhibitions far gone
A meeting of minds
Our connection so strong
No longer remains
On the tip of our tongues 


I'm so chuffed that this poem won the Forward Poetry "Love is in the Air" Summer 2014 competition, and is published in their anthology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment