Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

I don't understand the question

People love, people kiss
why must we be constrained like this?
I hope our children learn to love 
regardless of the push and shove 
of what society would have us do
for if you love me and I love you
who cares what others think is right 
for life is such a precious fight 

What more than to end a day and say
I'm happy and I played today 
with consideration, love and passion, 
and no care for fads, prejudice or fashion
I'm only me, and I love - I need
who cares which persuasion, sex, or creed 
it's love and that's a thing "we" lack 
and should I take a different tack
I just thank my life that I can find
a way beyond the programmed mind 
that says I must conform to some
strange concept that the wise (though dumb) 
prescribed as the path, but that's not my way
who made them wise, so bold to say
what love is - who can set that mould
they've tried, the critics new and old

I'm sad for them, they can't have known 
that feeling when you're all alone
and then you find the one you need
for which your heart would beg and bleed
to be together to the end
your soul mate, your eternal friend
you love you kiss you join as one
and when the frantic loving’s done
there's nothing left but piercing love
and though I don't believe in god above
if I did I'd pray and thank him now
for showing me the way and how
that I can find myself in you
and pursue this love, so pure so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment