Pages

Friday 4 December 2015

Online Dating



We chatted online
We got on just fine
You invited me out
I accepted
I jumped on a train
Despite mild hurricane 
I arrived
Slightly flushed 
But collected 

I looked
Are you here?
Not immediately clear
The photo Id seen 
was quite faded
Then you waved 
And I knew 
There's a reason your keen
For your not
All the things you had stated

So where do I start
Your hair isn't black
Maybe blond 
(I'm polite, it is grey)
"Athletic and sporty,
A real outdoors type"
Must be hard 
With that gut in the way

Your profile said cheeky
You like to have fun 
"What's life 
if you can't have a laugh"
Well for funny
Read "droll"
For cheeky read "rude"
Will you just get your hand 
Off my ass! 

So I did what I must
Smiled and laughed (only just)
And I drank to drown out
Such a bore
I left after three
"Dear it's you, it's not me"
Online dating?
Not me anymore 






No comments:

Post a Comment