Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Sunday Night Tube

No one ever looks up on the tube
Unless it's Sunday night
With 40% occupancy
It's a secret society
Of the half pissed
Blind dates that missed
Eye glasses on forehead
Pretending they don't need them to read
So maybe they look more appealing
To the non-readers
That just joined
With their mini skirts
And beautiful curls
Yet stops arrive
We must get off here
Lest we stay on this loop forever
And whilst we are trapped here
each of us 
Really hope we will catch the eye
Of a tube passerby
The one that saw our soul 
A super love 
That may or may not exist 
But what the hell
It's still fun to imagine
When you’re pissed


Disclaimer: I don't remember writing this poem, probably because I wrote it whilst drunk on the way home on the tube! I found it in the notes app of my phone several months after it was written. So I apologise if I have actually copied this from somewhere and it isn't mine! It sounds like one of mine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment